About Art Trail Membership
The Whidbey Art Trail (WAT) is a non-profit arts organization promoting the arts on scenic Whidbey Island, in Puget Sound, WA. We are committed to establishing a regionally recognized arts destination by marketing creative artists and other arts venues through the Art Trail, our website, and a full-color brochure with a map.
Qualifications for Participating Artists
You must be an artist, art gallery or similar art venue on Whidbey Island, in Washington state, to become a member of the WAT. Other businesses may make a request to be included in the Trail. Inclusion will be considered after artists and art galleries or similar art venue are registered.
The Trail runs year-round. New season begins this June 1, 2023 and runs through May 31, 2024.
As a returning member, the registration form will be pre-populated with your previous years information. You will just need to update any changes and add at least one new image. You must be logged in to register. If have not received a password please contact us.
Registration period ends April 3, 2023.
- Listing on WAT website
- Pin on website trail map
- Pin on brochure trail map
- Studio/Gallery/Park profile page
- Social media support on Facebook and Instagram
- Three images on profile page
- Includes all Basic Benefits
- 1/4 panel listing in brochure
- 1 featured image in brochure
- Includes all Basic Benefits
- 1/2 panel listing in brochure
- 2 or more* featured images in brochure
- More space* for text in brochure
- *depends on image size and orientation
Brochure 1/4 Panel
3-3/4″ x 2-1/16″
Brochure 1/2 Panel
3-3/4″ x 4-1/4″
16″x18″ open, 4″x9″ folded
The brochure is placed throughout the state ferry system, regional businesses, and visitor centers.
The WAT is a program of the Whidbey Island Arts Council (WIAC), which maintains all financial records for the WAT.
Pay with PayPal
After submitting the registration form you will be directed to pay WIAC through PayPal. If you don’t have a PayPal account you will be able to pay by credit card through the PayPal payment gateway.
The credit card transaction will appear on your statement as PAYPAL *ISLANDARTSC.
Pay by Check
Use the Pay Offline option when submitting the registration form and promptly mail a check to WIAC.
Make check payable to:
Whidbey Island Arts Council
P.O. Box 197
Greenbank, WA 98253
Note on the check that it’s for the “Whidbey Art Trail”.
Before starting the registration process, have the following information at the ready. Cutting and pasting from a prepared document works well. Some entries are optional and most can be edited later. * denotes required information:
- *Email address for communicating with WAT. This will also be your username.
- *First and last name
- *Phone number for communicating with WAT
- Your website complete URL
- correct http vs https, www vs non-www
- i.e. https://www.whidbeyarttrail.com
- Biographical information (about 120 words). Added after registration.
- *Location type: Studio, Gallery, or Sculpture park
- *Studio name or your name if no studio name (42 characters max)
- *Tagline (60 characters max)
- *Artists Statement (about 35 words)
- Public phone number so visitors may contact you
- Public email so visitors may contact you
- *Open hours (ideal) or By appointment (130 characters max)
- *Studio street address, city, state, zip
- *Driving directions to your studio (80 words max)
- *1-3 images representative or your recent work
- jpg, jpeg, or png file format
- Minimum 1600px wide (2048px is ideal)
- Maximum 6mb file size (90% compression quality is ideal)
Registration period ends March 23